Tom Demerly has written technical, editorial and equipment review articles for Outside, Velo-News, Bicycle Guide, Bicycling, Inside Triathlon, Triathlete, Triathlon Today!, USA Triathlon Magazine and many other publications. From 2009-2012 he created and was Senior Content Editor for the TriSports University section of TriSports.com, then the world’s largest online triathlon retailer. He has also worked as a brand journalist and copywriter for Felt Bicycles in Irvine, California. Demerly studied journalism at Henry Ford Community College in Dearborn, Michigan. Demerly is also Editor of JustTriTalk.com, the online magazine for TheTriShop.com. Demerly has raced endurance events on all seven continents including the 152 mile ultra-endurance Marathon des Sables, the 105 mile Jordan Telecom Desert Cup, The Discovery Channel Eco Challenge and The Raid Gauloises Vietnam and “The Last Marathon” in Antarctica. Demerly has also climbed the highest mountain on three continents and the highest mountain in the western hemisphere, Aconcagua in Argentina at 22,841 ft.
Demerly is four-time Michigan USA Cycling Champion and has completed over 250 triathlons around the world, Including the Ford Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii and five other Ironmans. (from www.TomDemerly.com)
We feel unworthy …
Tom joins us tonight, however, to talk about this article HERE and the plight of the age group triathlete.
Topics This Week:
- WTC enters the coaching certification game. For $699 and 14 hours of your time, you too can now be a certified WTC coach. Is this good for the sport?
- WTC is paying some money back for their “lottery“
- And speaking of WTC, what is up with the non-equal slots at Kona for men and women?
- Tom’s article on the 5 People You Meet in Kona
- What do you ask a bike fitter?
- Andy has successful knee surgery … so what is next?
- Triathlon season is upon the Fat Slow Triathlete … is he ready??